Quite a bit of our time this past week has been spent at the building, continuing to hang drywall. Justin also bought a special soundproofing material, called Green Glue, that we spread between drywall layers in our bedroom. We aren’t too worried about the noise from Main Street and The Square, but we figured that this certainly wouldn’t hurt.
This afternoon we spent some time cleaning the upstairs a bit, clearing out unneeded tools, extra pieces of drywall and wood, and generally getting the space ready to become even dustier after mudding and sanding. Justin started filling in some of the larger gaps with quick-set mud, so that it will all come out even when finished. Hanging the drywall turned out to be a much longer and more involved process than we anticipated, so it is nice to be moving forward to the next step!